Thursday, February 27, 2014

Product Obsession - Authentic Skin Remedies 7 Piece Trial Kit & Gloss

There comes a time when you come across a brand that looks so amazing that you just need to try it. Such was the case with Authentic Skin Remedies.

This is a brand that needs to be tried to fully understand how great it is, and if you browse the green beauty blogosphere, you'll see many a glowing review on this line. And after finally getting on the bandwagon and trying it myself I can say all those rave reviews are highly warranted.

Authentic Skin Remedies was founded by the stunningly gorgeous Amy Rueda, who at the young age of 35 was diagnosed with a rare form of neuroendocrine system cancer. Because her cancer had strong environmental and hormonal links, Amy started taking a much closer look at what she was putting in and on her body. When she realized that up to 70% of what we put on our skin gets absorbed into our bloodstream, she made the decision to formulate her own, natural and plant based skincare line.

I purchased the Gloss and in return, Amy was kind enough to send me the 7 piece Multi-Purpose Facial Kit to try out as well. :-)

Here are my thoughts on each:

 


1) Gloss Essential Bath and Body Oil - A multi use oil that contains skin softening avocado and sunflower seed oils. All I have to say is I am hooked on this product! I use it as a pre-cleanser to take off my make up, as a hair serum and as an all over moisturizer. You can also use this as a bath oil, massage oil, shave oil, or perfume oil. And if that is not enough to impress you, Gloss comes in two intoxicating scents - Italian Lavender and Island Bamboo (which I chose - a very subtle, clean unisex scent, kind of like CK One without the nasty toxins). I would definitely repurchase!

Price  - $33
Ingredients - Persea gratissima (Organic Avocado) Oil, Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance


Now for the 7 Piece kit. This is the perfect way to experience several of ASR's products and I promise you, once you try them, you will be going back for more! Price of trial kit is $36



2) Cleanse Sulfate Free Calming Gel - This has to be without a doubt, the most delicious smelling face wash I have ever used! It smells like vanilla cake batter and yes, I had to resist the urge to squirt it in my mouth! That little bit of TMI aside, I loved how hydrating this was for a gel cleanser and how soft my skin felt after using this. With ingredients like aloe, sunflower seed oil, vegetable glycerin and jojoba to name a few, it's easy to see why. If you like gel cleansers, and are looking for one that not only gets every trace of dirt, oil and make up off and moisturizes like a cream cleanser - then look no further! This is your new BFF.

Ingredients - Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Flower Water, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Flower Water, Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Vanilla Flavor, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfoacetate, Vegetable Glycerin, Pro-Vitamin B5, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Simmondsia chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa mosqueta (Organic Rosehip) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

3) Balance Seawater Facial Mist - I adore this face mist! It smells great and really perks you up so you can get on with your day - I almost felt like I could skip my morning coffee! Ok, not really, but it still helped to wake me up a bit. Like all of ASR products, this one also has a multitude of uses, but I mainly used this as a toner as I loved how it made my skin feel and seemed to intensify the benefits of the serum and moisturizer I applied after this. And with ingredients like lavender, sandalwood, rosewood and geranium, my skin was not only kept supple, but free from blemishes as well. Score! 

Ingredients - Purified Seawater, Santalum album (Organic Sandalwood) Oil, Aniba rosaeodora (Organic Rosewood) Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Oil


4) Enrich Nourishing Lipid Serum - I seriously want a vat of this so that I can bathe in it daily! No, really. I have used a lot of oils on my skin, and I have several that I love, but this is something that is in a class of pure awesomeness all by itself! The main thing I noticed was how dewy and glowy (but not greasy) my skin felt. It was like I just stepped out of a spa. This is a very rich serum too, so only a tiny amount is needed to do its job. This serum is perfect for all skin types!

Ingredients - Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cannabis sativa (Organic Hemp) Seed Oil, Oenothera biennis (Organic Evening Primrose) Oil, Cupressus sempervirens (Organic Cypress) Essential Oil, Salvia officinalis (Organic Sage) Essential Oil, Ocimum Basillicum (Organic Basil) Essential Oil, Citrus aurantium var. (Petitgrain) Essential Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Essential Oil



5) Renew Botanical Face Cream - I love the light, silky texture of this face cream. I love even more that it keeps my skin nourished without breaking me out. The fact that is contains acne busting ingredients like lavender, geranium, rosemary and rosewood could be why. I also love that it is loaded with powerful anti-aging goodies like pomegranate extract, rose flower water and hyaluronic acid. So, yeah, I love this face cream!

Ingredients - Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Cocos nucifera (Organic Coconut) Oil, Rosa damascena Flower Water (Organic Rose Distillate), Simmondsia chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Palm Stearic Acid, Organic Plant Glycerin, Organic Pomegranate Extract, Pelargonium graveolens (Organic Geranium) Oil, Aniba rosaedora (Organic Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Organic Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Polysaccharide Gum, Citric Acid

6) Refine Fruit Enzyme Exfoliation - As soon as I saw that this contained pumpkin, I knew I was going to like this. It exfoliates well, doesn't sting, leaves skin soft, and yes, smells like Thanksgiving! You can also use this as a spot treatment for blemishes, which I have not tried, but will do so tonight since I am currently sporting some nasty breakouts on my chin. 

Ingredients - Water, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel), Bromelain, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Papain enzyme (Papaya), Cucurbita pepo (Pumpkin) Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Vegetable Alanin, Plant Glutamic Acid, Glycosaminoglycans, Lecithin, Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Yeast Extract, Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Alginate, (Seaweed Extract), Sodium Hyaluronate, Iron Oxides, Potassium Sorbate (Potassium Salt) as a preservative, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid

7) Replenish Intense Hydration Masque - The ingredients in this mask alone are enough to entice one to try this. Balancing geranium, hydrating aloe juice, brightening lemon peel oil and one of my favorites, vetiver, oil. Vetiver is not only calming to the senses, but attracts and holds moisture to the skin, which is great for dry, dehydrated skin. 

Ingredients - Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Citrus medica limonum (Organic Lemon) Peel Oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Organic Geranium) Oil, Juniperus communis (Organic Juniper) Fruit Oil, Vetivera zizanoides root (Organic Vetiver) Oil, Aniba rosaeodora (Organic Rosewood) Wood Oil, Ocimum basillicum (Organic Basil) Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Oil, Carbomer, Citric Acid

8) Soothe Cooling Masque - If Replenish is the perfect treatment for dehydrated skin, then Soothe is the answer to congested, inflamed skin. All other ingredients aside, this contains what I have come to know as the "trifecta" of anti-acne oils - rosemary, lavender and thyme. Of all the essential oils I have used on my skin, nothing and I mean nothing, works as well as these three together. And in this mask, combined with the other potent skin clearing and healing ingredients, makes this a force to be reckoned with! Use this overnight for even quicker results.

Ingredients - Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Mentha piperita (Organic Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Organic Rosemary) Oil, Thymus vulgaris (Organic Thyme) Oil, Eucalyptus citriodora Leaf Oil, Melaleuca leucadendron (Cajuput) Oil, Cymbopogon schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus medica limonum (Organic Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Oil, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate

My overall thoughts - I was deeply impressed by these products and I would highly recommend these to anyone who is looking for a line that is pure, results oriented and just plain amazing.

Thank you so much Amy for sending me the trial kit! xx

Have you ever tried Authentic Skin Remedies? 

Peace & Love,
~Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment