Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 Blogger Challenge Topic #7 - Photo Challenge

The 7th topic of the 2014 Blogger Challenge centers on documenting a day or week with pictures. Since I live a rather uneventful life of late (thanks to back issues and surgery recovery), and rarely leave the house for more than doctor appointments, grocery shopping or family gatherings, I decided to share a few of my most recent trips out, which took place over the last 2 Saturdays, as well as some new recipes I tried out and a new Spring purchase I am in love with!


This first group was taken Saturday, March 18. Though I am on a budget, I do allow myself the perk of having my hair colored and trimmed professionally. The lovely woman I go to is not only a dear friend and an amazing stylist, but she uses organic hair color so I don't worry about any nasty chemicals coating my hair or being absorbed into my skin. :-)

Before color

Waiting for my stylist to apply the color

After color - added some highlights!






 This second group was taken March 23. After a visit with my wonderful holistic doctor, my husband and I had breakfast at one of our favorite spots - Taste Coffee House and Bistro. This was probably my least healthy meal, but it was so good regardless!


Cappuccino! Yum!

My gorgeous hubby! :-) <3

Happy to have food and caffeine!

We ended up sharing our food of course! ;-)

The granola is homemade and so delish!

This was probably so bad for us, but was so good!


 Next, here are two new recipes that my husband I tried out. Both were super easy, healthy and absolutely delicious!


 This was a cauliflower crust pizza that I had been dying to try out. The recipe is from Toneitup.com and can be found here. We used goats cheese instead of Mozzarella as a topping and added some sweet white onion and spinach. It was simply amazing. Paired with a nice glass of Merlot, this was one perfect and guilt free pizza!




This recipe is one that I threw together on a whim. It came out so good that my husband wants to make it again!

Serves 2

Ingredients:
Quinoa
1/2 cup Organic black beans (or beans of your choice)
2 cups veggies of your choice (I used zucchini, organic baby carrots, portabella mushrooms, red onion, and yellow bell pepper)
1 clove of garlic
1 avocado
Lemon juice
1 cup of organic baby spinach

Directions: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Wash and chop veggies. Once quinoa is done, add veggies and stir. In a blender, combine garlic, avocado, spinach and the juice of half a lemon. Blend and add to the quiona-veggie mixture, making sure all is coated with the sauce. Add some feta or goats cheese and if you like heat the way I do, some hot sauce! Pour a glass of white wine or water with lemon and enjoy! :-)

These last few pics are of a new Spring dress I bought in the hopes of wearing it out for my upcoming Anniversary! I wasn't sure at first if I would like orange on me, but I decided after trying it on, that I am crazy in love with it! Now I just need to find the perfect orange lipstick to go with it!


This came out way more orange-y than it really is..






Well, there you have it! I must say that this particular topic has inspired me to do more of these types of posts in the future, so stay tuned! :-)

Peace & Love,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment