Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Taking A Little Break To Recharge And Rethink The Direction Of TBE....


Hey, guys! It's time for me to get real for a sec. Like really real. Not that I'm ever not real, but most times I am so busy writing about products that you haven't gotten to know who I really am or what I'm all about.

That's going to change.

I've decided that I need to take a little breaky break. A little bit of time to just step back and think about what it is I am doing with my blog and where I want it to go. Don't get me wrong - I love doing product reviews and will continue to do them (#sorrynotsorry). I love discovering and testing new brands, and sharing my thoughts with you on them. However, lately, I feel that that is alllll I have been doing and I hate to say it, but I'm getting a wee bit "bored" (and that is nothing against the brands..they're great, and I love everything that has been sent to me!)..or maybe it's just I'm frustrated. Frustrated that I have so many other things I want to talk about, but I feel pressured to focus on the reviews (again, not the brands fault). And I think maybe that "boredom" or frustration is showing in my writing and that isn't good nor is it fair to you or the brands that generously sent me their wares.

When I first started my blog, it was because I thought I had something of interest to offer. I wanted to share my struggles and triumphs with acne and acne scarring and what has or hasn't worked for me. I wanted to share this because I wanted to help others who have gone through or are going through the same thing. BUT, at the same time, I didn't just want to talk about acne. I have other issues or areas of interest that I wanted to help with/share. My desire has always been to help or teach...I'm just not sure how or with what just yet...

Before I started my blog (which I actually started when I was recovering from major back surgery), I was teaching private voice lessons at a local music school as well as at my home. I was also performing. I miss it more than words can say, but I just can't commit to that at this point in my life. I do want to somehow incorporate it into my blog, because 1) music is my truest passion 2) it's incredibly therapeutic and stress relieving, thus fits into the "green" lifestyle and 3) I am extremely knowledgeable about it. BUT,  I also love all other forms of Art, I love nutrition and fitness, I love creating recipes, I love anything holistic, and, of course, I love green beauty and skincare! Indecisive much?

I think part of my problem is I just have too many ideas, too many areas of interest and no clue how to fit all the pieces together cohesively or in a way that will generate interest. Ideas, anyone?

I also need to learn how to say NO when too many brands email me to review their products and to stand behind my disclaimer that not everything sent to me is guaranteed a review. I also want to get back to focusing on brands/products that I love and use on a regular basis, not just new discoveries, but ones that have helped my skin heal and just plain make me happy!

And mostly I need to stop comparing myself to other green bloggers. I need to realize that my voice is not the same as theirs and that's Ok. I need to stop dwelling on stats and likes and followers (or losing followers - Istagram I am looking at you ya jerks! :-P) and just focus on creating the best content I can. I need to stop being afraid to be ME. I need to stop worrying whether or not others will like who I am and what I have to say..because not everyone will and that's OK. BUT, by letting my true self shine, - socially awkward dorkiness and all, the ones who do appreciate me, even if it is just a small handful, those few will make it all worthwhile! I've never been popular, so popularity isn't why I am here. Sure, it would be nice for once to NOT be the "loser" of the group, but if being popular means I have to sell my soul or be someone I am not, then no thank you! I'll happily wear that "L" on my forehead!

I guess in my rambling, "Sabrina-esque" way, I am trying to say that I am burned out. I need to re-find my passion, rekindle that fire, get my mojo back, etc..I need some space. It's not you, it's totally me!

I'll still do some mini-reviews or other random posts on social media. But for now, I am going to take a little vacay from blogging to get my act together, get my blog moved (we're moving to wordpress.org, once I decide on a design!) and just get my confidence back. I want you all to get to know ME, no more guardedness, no more trying to be what I think others want to see/hear. I'm letting it all "hang out". So be prepared! I'm a lot to handle! I'm a dork, a nerd, a complete goof, I swear, I talk in my own lingo..I'm a total weirdo. And you know what? I am A-OK with all of that. It's what makes me ME.

And any brands waiting on reviews - please be patient with me - I want to be able to give you the best of me, not a rushed, half-assed review. You deserve better. And you will get it..once I get my "groove" back! ;-)

I hope I haven't scared you all off and that you will continue to read my little blog. I plan on making it better, more raw, more real, more me. Hope to see you soon!



Peace and love,

Sabrina xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment