And while my own list of favorites is ever expanding, there are a few that have really stood out to me, and made me want more.
One of those brands is Love for Humanity Organics.
From their website:
From their website:
- Affordable luxury is our standard
- • Our products provide powerful skin rejuvenation
- • We use only the purest, premium quality organic, USDA certified organic and natural ingredients.
- • No toxic chemicals (commonly found in most skincare products) such as sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colors, T.E.A., D.E.A., glycols, silicones, PEGS, ethoxylate or formaldehyde or formaldehyde derivatives are used
- • No animal products or animal by-products
- • Vegan, cruelty free, not tested on animals
- • Our bottles and boxes are recyclable
- • We are made in the USA with love
What makes this brand exceptional to me isn't just the list of ingredients, which is enticing on its own, but the mission behind it. Love for Humanity has teamed up with the charity, Feed the Children, an organization dedicated to providing meals to starving children. By purchasing one product, you are in turn providing one meal for a child in the United States. I'd say that is a pretty compelling reason to check out this brand!
When they contacted me to try out some of their products, I couldn't say no!
Here is what I received and my thoughts on each:
1) Fresh Foaming Cleanser - I've decided that my skin seems to have this love/hate relationship going on with foaming cleansers. Either they leave my skin too dry, too oily or work for a while and then just don't. Well, I am happy to say that this is one foaming cleanser that has not let me down in the weeks I have used it. It is neither too drying, too greasy/filmy, but rather is just right. Calming and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Lavender and Chamomile help to soothe and heal, while Ylang Ylang balances oil production. Gentle castile soap creates a non-drying lather to deep clean without stripping skin of its precious oils. The scent is a sweet, almost candy-like fragrance. It creates a light, creamy foam and it rinses completely clean. I have used this both day and night and my skin has stayed soft throughout.
Price - $45 for 5.5 oz
Ingredients - Herbal infusion(water, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flowers* and matricaria recutita(chamomile) flowers*, castile soap*, ethanol (sugar cane alcohol)*, and the essential oils of ylang ylang * and cedrus atlantica (cedarwood)*. *certified organic
When they contacted me to try out some of their products, I couldn't say no!
Here is what I received and my thoughts on each:
1) Fresh Foaming Cleanser - I've decided that my skin seems to have this love/hate relationship going on with foaming cleansers. Either they leave my skin too dry, too oily or work for a while and then just don't. Well, I am happy to say that this is one foaming cleanser that has not let me down in the weeks I have used it. It is neither too drying, too greasy/filmy, but rather is just right. Calming and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Lavender and Chamomile help to soothe and heal, while Ylang Ylang balances oil production. Gentle castile soap creates a non-drying lather to deep clean without stripping skin of its precious oils. The scent is a sweet, almost candy-like fragrance. It creates a light, creamy foam and it rinses completely clean. I have used this both day and night and my skin has stayed soft throughout.
Price - $45 for 5.5 oz
Ingredients - Herbal infusion(water, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flowers* and matricaria recutita(chamomile) flowers*, castile soap*, ethanol (sugar cane alcohol)*, and the essential oils of ylang ylang * and cedrus atlantica (cedarwood)*. *certified organic
2) Super C-Serum - This was the product from this brand that really caught my eye! This is probably the best vitamin C product I have ever used on my skin, seriously! For one, it is formulated with Kakuda Plum, which is said to be the world's richest natural source of vitamin C (concentration being as high as 3200-5000mg/100g compared the orange's 50mg/100g). It also contains Green Tea and Rosehip oils, both high in anti-oxidants as well as having potent anti-aging benefits. Secondly, it not only moisturizes beautifully without being heavy or greasy, but it makes your skin just glow! The fruity scent is uplifting and relaxing at the same time. Using this serum makes both my skin and my spirit happy, happy, happy!!
Price - $45 .05oz
Ingredients - Camellia sinensis (Green Tea)*oil, Rosa rubiginosa (Rosehip)* seed oil, Terminalia ferinandiana (Kakadu plum)* extract, Citrus paradisi (grapefruit)* oil. *certified organic
3) Anti-Aging Eye Serum - Even though this is an eye serum, I have been using this on my face as well, particularly in any areas I feel need some "extra help" (i.e. acne scars). I don't really have any issues with my eye area, save for a few very faint fine lines, so I can't really say that this product made a huge difference there, other than it kept my eye area moisturized. I honestly prefer this as an all over face serum/spot treatment, as both Rosehip and Helichrysum oils are amazing scar healers.
Price - $50 for 0.5oz
Ingredients - Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip)* seed oil, Cucurbita pepo L.(pumpkin)* seed oil , Carthamus tinctorius (safflower)* seed oil, Ricinus communis(castor)*seed oil, Pelargonium graveolens(rose geranium)* oil, Matricaria recutita(blue chamomile)* oil, Helichrysum italicum (helichrysum)* oil. *certified organic
4) Miracle Mask - If you can't use Coconut Oil on your face, then this product may not be your cup of tea. However, for those of us who can and like to, then this is a definite must add to your skincare collection. In addition to virgin unrefined cold pressed Coconut Oil, this lovely skin treat contains nourishing Shea Butter, soothing Oat Kernel Flour and hydrating Jasmine Absolute. Use this before bedtime and wake up to the most moisturized skin you can imagine! Also, the intoxicating scent of Jasmine is so relaxing it helps me to drift off to sleep without a care in the world! A little bit goes a very long way so this should last quite awhile, which for the price is a big plus.
Price - $50 for 2oz
Ingredients - cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea)butter*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*,cera alba (beeswax)*, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour (colloidal oatmeal)*,jasminum grandiflorum (jasmine absolute)
My overall thoughts - I honestly loved every product that I was sent, especially the Super C-Serum and the Fresh Foaming Cleanser. I am so impressed with the ingredients, the company's use of sustainable and environmentally responsible business practices and of course their charitable work to help provide meals for hungry children in this country. This company is the total "green" package and I highly recommend checking them out!
*Products were sent to me for review, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you ever heard of or tried anything by Love for Humanity Organics? What are your thoughts on them?
Peace & Love,
~Sabrina xx







No comments:
Post a Comment