It's no secret that I am a strong advocate for the purest, most natural products out there. And while I do have a pretty strict criteria for what I would want to use on my own skin, I also understand that not everyone can afford to buy all of the same products I use. I've actually had a few people I know ask what I would recommend that they use in this case, so I came up with a list of affordable, yet still very effective and natural brands that get the "Sabrina stamp of green beauty approval". ;-)
- Organic Wear by Physician's Formula - While Physician's Formula uses ingredients that I personally would not touch with a fifty foot pole, the Organic Wear line is quite "clean". I've only tried the tinted moisturizer, eyeliner and mascara, but I've heard good things about the rest of the line as well. This line is free from synthetic preservatives, GMO's, parabens and harsh chemicals. It's also cruelty free and does not contain synthetic fragrances either. The mascara is probably the best mascara I've ever tried and the tinted moisturizer contains ingredients such as fruit water to hydrate and balance the skin and oils like jojoba, avocado, sunflower seed and shea butter to keep skin soft and nourished. The best part is you can find this at stores like Target, Walmart or Wegman's and the prices are very wallet friendly - ranging anywhere from $6.95 to $13.95.
- Annmarie Gianni Organic Skincare - I've only tried one of their sample kits, but what I tried made me an instant fan. The products are not just nourishing and healing for the skin, but are also therapeutic for the mind, body and soul as well. I will definitely be adding more of her products to my skincare collection soon! I also love that you can purchase a sample kit for $10 (I tried the anti-aging kit with the Dead Sea Scrub) and you get a $10 coupon back to use on a full sized product later. Not bad, since her products range from $24.95 to $54.95 (which for the quality and effectiveness of the products is really quite inexpensive).
- Naturallogic - This little gem can be found on the Etsy website and is probably one of the most inexpensive brands I've seen with the purest ingredients listed. Not only does it contain pure plant based ingredients, but it has skin firming DMAE and MSM in some of the formulations as well. Prices range from $3.00 on up.
- The All Natural Face - This is probably one of the least expensive brands I've come across, and one that has some of the best products out there. They have one of the largest foundation shade selections I have ever seen and you can purchase their foundation sampler pack for $5.75 and it contains 20 baggies of every shade they have in your range (pale to medium or medium to dark). The samples are very generous too. They have beautiful blushes. glow veils, and eyeshadows (which you can also buy sample packs of), and some really great skin care products as well. The only negative I can find with this brand is that some of their products contain Cosmocil CQ, a preservative that I can't find much consistent info on, other than it is used in contact lens solution and baby wipes. The site states that it is a mild preservative, but I am the type that if I can't find all the facts on my own, I tend to shy away. That being said, I still love this brand and would recommend it to anyone. Prices range from $1.75 up
- Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques - I know I have mentioned this brand quite a bit and have even written a few reviews on them, but this truly is one of my favorite as well as wallet friendly companies out there. Even if you think that the prices seem high to you (honestly they are not really any higher than Bare Minerals), you can purchase samples of everything and the samples last quite awhile. You really don't need to use much of any of the products to get beautiful results. Also, the make-up pretty much doubles as skincare, as all of the ingredients work to nourish, heal and even out skin tone. I can't say enough good things about this company. :-) Prices range from $8.50-$27.00
- Andalou Naturals - This brand is on my "wish list" and I hope to try it out soon. I have, however, researched the line and was impressed by what I found, not just with price, but with most of the ingredients, and their philosophy on social responsibility, product formulation, etc. Andalou Naturals combines both nature and science using "fruit stem cell science" to renew, regenerate and repair skin.They have a wide range of products, including body and hair care. They are also non-GMO, something I always look for if the product isn't stated as being organic. Prices range from $9.95 -$24.95
- Dr. Bronner's Magic All in One Soaps - I use the un-scented baby mild liquid soap as a body wash and sometimes face wash at night, but I read you can also use any of the liquid soaps as a shampoo, dish and laundry soap, as well as a general cleaning product. It truly is multi-purposeful. It contains skin loving ingredients such as organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic hemp oil and vitamin E. Prices vary depending on size or store, but generally ranges from $6.39-16.99.
- 100% Pure - Another of my "wish list" brands, the make-up is made from fruit and vegetable pigments and the skincare is just as pure. Prices range from $8 on up, but for the quality of ingredients, it's really quite cost effective.
Honorable mentions - Everyday Minerals (their IT and Jojoba bases), Lucy Minerals (Lucy Light foundation and Finishing powder, eyeshadows, blush and bronzer), and Honeybee Gardens (only because I just discovered them and haven't yet tried anything so can't really give an opinion, other than the prices are great).
I'm sure there are some brands that I am forgetting, but this is a good starting list for those of you that want to make the switch to more natural, non-toxic brands. The important thing to remember is that the more pure the ingredients, the less you need to use of the product, so it will end up lasting you longer, thus saving you money in the long run. :-)
Peace and Love,
~Sabrina




No comments:
Post a Comment